Sunday, July 10, 2011

EVO’11 Swag Surpasses Expectations

I now know why Hollywood celebrities covet swag even though they can buy anything they want, anytime they want. It’s fun, free and provides instant gratification! Even better is when the swag is the stuff you love — all kinds of mom stuff. This was the case at EVO’11 at Park City’s Grand Summit Hotel.
No complaints from this mom.

Pairing a great educational social media conference of mommy blogger with majestic accommodations doesn’t get much better than this past weekend. My friend and business partner of more than 20 years stayed at a friend’s home in Park City that was…magnificent. I am quite sure one of the most beautiful homes in Park City. There, I was able to test drive my New Balance “True Balance” shaper shoes compliments of EVO’11 sponsor New Balance (@EvoConf and @newbalance). Thank you New Balance! I love my new shapers. In fact, the day I left the conference, I received compliments from an attendee on my toned legs as well as from a young dude who commented that he “loved the kicks” — score!


Bags, energy bars, coffee mugs, gift cards to Starbucks, McDonalds and Aveda. It was mom-swag worship from Thursday to Sunday. And that’s not all folks! Bush Beans (@BushsBeans) sponsored an incredible dinner Friday night at the Park City Resort (@PCski), McDonalds (@McDonalds) sponsored a healthy Asian salad lunch on Saturday and it was super tasty including the Paul Newman gluten-free Ginger vinaigrette salad dressing.

Okay, I guess from my post you can tell the EVO weekend was a success. While I will be the first to admit I left slightly overwhelmed and sometimes confused after workshops, the speakers and keynotes were incredibly accessible before, during and after sessions and even in the hallways. Thanks Scott Alder at Baby Center (@BabyCenter). The sessions were the perfect length, not too long or short. From Beginning Social Media to Growing Your Blog to Business of Blogging, there was something for everyone from the more experienced blogger to the newbie beginner like me.

Will I go next year, you betcha! I hear there might even be a super fun bowling party in 2012 at one of the chicest bowling alleys in Park City. Okay, who’s up for a “The Big Lebowski” look-alike contest in 2012? I am in!

No comments:

Post a Comment