Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NYT Op Ed Pushes "Give Up” on Constitution: Are YOU Freaking Kidding Me?

I read the following blog post by Godfather Politics picking apart the latest Op Ed in NYT about giving up on the Constitution and felt compelled to share GP's post with my blog fans (if there are any left) because he is right on. Yes, I have been remiss in posting myself but GP's post is hopefully the jump start I need to get the ball rolling in 2013. Oh yeah, Happy New Years!

I am not going to lie, it has been a hard end of year for me and my extended family and friends due to the loss of my sister's husband, my brother-in-law. When I realized I had not achieved any new visitors in the last few weeks, I felt it was time.

More importantly, the latest conservative bash quest by today's mainstream media (or better yet the White House's PR firm) to dismiss the Constitution (America's unique and very special operations plan) as useless and dated is personally even more distressing to me than watching Reid, Boehner and Congress let America fall off the fiscal cliff after having been given months and even years to get it done. 

New Media Push: “Give Up” on Constitution

My mom put it perfectly the other day. She said she was so saddened that her grand kids wouldn't know the simpler, less violent and less divisive times she had experienced growing up. Government was smaller, American pride was soaring post WWII, and freedom came just a little bit easier. Then she added that a friend had stated during book club that America was different and that these are different times. Her response: Yes, different, but not better.

I couldn't agree more.