Friday, June 3, 2011

Starting a blog can be scary...

It's the dawn (well actually it's after noon but whose keeping track) of a new day and I have taken the big leap into Blogdom. Yep. Decided just today that I would start my very own blog. My new blog, Elephant Under Glass, will be my personal outlet: a place where I can rant and rave about work, life, and a conservative political fascination that grows by the day.

You are welcome to comment, agree, disagree or debate but please, just keep it clean. Just remember, different strokes for different folks.

I feel like the Elephant Under Glass is my badge of courage. As a 40-something conservative yet hip (yes, conservatives can be hip!) momtrepreneur, who at just past the half-way point in life has experienced the spectrum of childhood, marriage, kids, grad school, employment (and unemployment), business start-up, business growth, business decline and now a little professional reinvention to boot, it’s refreshing to finally have a communications outlet where I can write to my heart’s content — even if no one reads it.

My fear isn't that the blog won't get read. Rather my fear stems from never taking the opportunity to share my story with family and my beliefs about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Elephant Under Glass...can't believe it's real now! I am super excited to get the blog party started. At the end of the day, EUG will be my simple and hopefully entertaining way of chronicling the things that matter most to me along with a little trivial (but humorous) pursuit, which culminate to make up the fabric of my ordinary but always authentic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment