Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EUG Takes Note of An Interesting Conservative Women’s Movement

I missed my Monday Cool Conservative deadline by two days. Weekend travels to the East, reunion with old college friends, and catching up at home and at the desk. I realize for most dedicated bloggers, missing the regularly scheduled post is a sin and for this I do sincerely apologize.
I will have to take the “humans aren’t perfect” pass this week.

However, what the two-day reprieve from blogging bought me was some additional Internet trolling time. I definitely lined up a few more websites for future Cool Conservative review. And, and of course, I couldn’t pass up re-watching some of those funny as hell YouTube videos like “I am Fucking Matt Damon” by Comedian Sarah Silverman and the more relevant “Kathy Brock’s Booger” (Disclosure: Brock is the evening news anchor for ABC affiliate in Chicago, and soon-to-be-wife of my dear college friend’s ex), which I watched with horror and glee with my five dearest and goofy college friends over the weekend.

Truly gives new meaning to the famous idiom “Fifteen Minutes of Fame” coined by pop artist Andy Warhol.



The two YouTube videos named (only one vid posted due to ugly language / suggestive behavior in Matt Damon video) are clearly demonstrative of just how wonderful, scary and crazily creative the Internet can be. Of course, I only include the Brock booger video in this post because it has just a smidgen of personal relevance. Oh yeah, the Matt Damon guy just doesn't do all that much for me despite the fact we're both from Boston.

Oh my friends and I laughed, we laughed real hard.

My intense YouTube hunt and findings, while seemingly inane at first view, did however unveil a video jewel worth showcasing. While I get that many Conservatives "In the Know" will likely conclude I have been living under a rock, I am willing to shrug off the glib jabs, admit my Conservative ignorance and move on to study this interesting, conservative women's political movement further — TheKitchenCabinet.us. How about you?



Not sure exactly where the Kitchen Cabinet lies on social issues but sometimes neither do I to be perfectly honest. Positions both social and economic are an evolving ideological process for me. In meantime, I am free to name TheKitchenCabinet.us this week’s Cool Conservative “thing” of the week and will most definitely be trolling this site and movement deeper in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment