Saturday, September 8, 2012

Man in Park Today Made Me So Mad! Then I Told Myself: "Get Over It!"

I am not sure why I get so angry.

But, today as I was taking my morning walk, I overheard these two men talking about the election and I just erupted...luckily it was in my head.

The older man says to the younger man, "Who are you going to vote for?" The younger man (in his late 40s) says to the older man, "Obama, yeah, Obama." The older mans says something about "knowing" Michelle...yada yada yada.

And that's when I thought I was going to explode or rather implode.

Really, Obama?! My first thoughts: thank God it is Utah and the electoral votes will go to Romney Ryan and so glad Romney is still ahead in the polls after the DNC Meets Hollywood show. But then, I just kept thinking...and thinking...and thinking...how could anyone right now of sound mind vote for a President who has failed his country so badly, used divisive and ugly tactics throughout his presidency and four years of continual campaigning, and ask a country to give him four more years (so much for Obama's "one-term proposition" homily) no matter the party affiliation.

I continue to mull over as I walk: unemployment remains at an all-time high, more people than ever before on welfare and food stamps, soaring healthcare rates despite the behemoth legislation called Obamacare (which a majority of Americans did NOT want to see passed), private sector creating almost no jobs in August with a dismal forecast for small business growth...hmm.

Then, on my way back up the hill staring out at the beautiful Wasatch Front, I revisit the young man's reply again in my head: "Obama, yeah, Obama," and I just can't stop muttering to myself: "Are you freaking kidding me?!" "What planet are you from?" "Wake up and smell the coffee!"

Then it occurs to me, many in Utah don't drink coffee and my internal combustion chamber begins to subside.

I take a deep breath, continue to enjoy my walk knowing deep down I will get past my ire for fact-less, kowtowing R-Obama-ots one "blog, Tweet and Facebook post for #RomneyRyan2012" at a time.