Monday, August 1, 2011

EUG Cool Conservative #2!


Who Is the Masked Man Behind the Masthead?

It’s Cool Conservative Monday! The moment you’ve all been waiting for. To add more fanfare to the weekly column, I have added a 2012 Election Countdown widget to the far right. Yep, now you “Ele Under Glass” lovers (okay, love is a strong word, let’s use “getting to knowers” instead), can help me build Cool Conservative countdown hype because my goal is to showcase a new Cool Conservative person, place or thing each Monday. I would love to hear your ideas, so please share via Facebook, Twitter or send me a direct email, whichever you prefer.

I have to admit, Cool Conservative #2 was an easy one for me. He’s an incredible artist, cartoonist and like-minded thinker. He’s humorous and real, he’s the wildly creative and cool dude that designed my super fun Elephant Under Glass masthead. Isn’t she the cutest darn “Horton Hears a Who” like cartoon girl elephant you’ve ever seen?

I wish I could name Cool Conservative #2 but I know he would prefer I didn’t, so of course I won’t. He is the epitome of self-effacing. But, what I can do is share his thoughts on today’s political debt reduction theater, little snippets of truth that travel through his brainwaves and fit so well on this blog.

With this said, enjoy! 

 From the Man Behind the Masthead:

I know you all are sitting out there wondering "What do I think about this debt crisis?" (By the way, I am just kidding, I know you don't really think that. Most everyone is way too busy with their own bad selves to ponder the thoughts and ruminations of others.)


Well here's my answer anyway!

Maybe the House Republican freshmen holdouts are right to not cave to the Boehner compromise. They want a balanced budget amendment and they want it now. The minute this can gets kicked down the road they know that the urgency to even think about that amendment will completely go away. They are trying to do what politicians these days never do – that is stick to their word. Since we are now borrowing 42 cents out of every dollar spent, the idea that passing a short-term debt ceiling increase somehow solves the problem is really laughable. The federal government should not borrow a single dime! It’s grown fat and lazy feasting on the toils of its working citizens while it makes unbelievable promises of welfare to those that don't. It’s a sick con that would land private citizenry in a federal prison for life, how ironic!

The problem in a nutshell: The Presidency has devolved into exactly what our first president feared would happen, it’s become a pseudo-monarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment