Monday, August 29, 2011

Kruiser Control Catches EUG’s Eye

Okay, some weeks it’s harder to get creative and witty than others and this is mine. So, like all good social media geeks, I check all channels before brainstorming my Cool Conservative blog column for this week, which in fact needs to be posted NOW!

So I am thinking about some of the heavy conservative hitters I could spotlight as the next EUG Cool Conservative such as Rush, Ann Coulter (who my good liberal friend this past weekend kept saying I was just like as I hazed him about Bernanke presenting his plan for the Fed and the future of our delicate economy with the pristine Americana backdrop of Jackson Hole supporting his spin), Laura Ingraham, The Donald, and thought I will save them for a rainy day.

Weekend with family in Jackson Hole hiking around Jenny Lake will heal the soul even if surrounded by liberal friends — come on! Some have to play the part of the liberal. In all seriousness, this friend is a very good man (my son says he has lots of Steez) who almost made me wet my pants when he put these two words together in the same sentence: liberal and sensible.

Sorry, I digress. Let me give you a better idea of how I actually research and hunt down Cool Conservatives. First, I find someone who is saying something politically poignant, someone funny, someone with Steez (Style & Ease) who I feel could likely stop or at the very least diffuse a liberal rant in 25 words or less.

And, this is exactly how I found today’s Cool Conservative. Well sort of. First, I checked my Gmail and was surprised and elated to find that Stephen Kruise was following the Elephant Under Glass (aka EUG). Much like any logical conservative, I check his Twitter stats! WOW!!! He’s got some Twitter stalkers. Immediately clicked on his blog and the rest is history — I had finally stumbled upon Kruiser Control Bonus Clips. Even though Stephen is apologizing for posting too many bonus clips and not enough original blog posts, I had a hard laugh at his 8/26/11 monologue on Jon Huntsman.

It was his ability to crack me up while being right on the mark that Stephen Kruiser became EUG’s Cool Conservative for this week. If you are hankering for more Kruiser Control wit, check out Stephen on Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment