Monday, August 22, 2011

Michelle Malkin Tops EUG’s Cool Conservative List

On Best Day “Constitutional Conservatism” More Liberating than “Liberalism”

At a recent meeting with a very fair-minded AP reporter, I blurted “You know what I think? Conservatism is more liberating than liberalism!” Yep, this crazy thought that I had kept hidden deep for the past several years? just came out of mouth in between sips of my skinny vanilla latte. Wincing and waiting for the reporter to laugh, I realized he actually was interested in my comment.

From there, I cautiously but enthusiastically explained my theory in support of the constitutional conservative platform including the support of free will, individual choice, and true diversity fostering a freedom that no liberal progressive agenda has ever come close to fulfilling. Then, as luck would have it, I stumbled upon Michelle Malkin’s 8.19.11 blog post smacking down progressives of pallor and more specifically the closing paragraph.

Said Malkin: “I’ve heard more than 20 years of this oppressive wind-baggery from do-gooder liberals who treat my unhyphenated American brothers and sisters and me as treacherous puppets for The Man. Their smug refusal to acknowledge free will, individual choice and true diversity of thought confirms that race-obsessed liberals remain the most unrepentant and odious racists of all.”

Wow! Why re-write commentary in support of my theory when it has already been communicated so well? The only two reasons I can think of are:

1) Try and persuade the misguided progressives of pallor demographic to shake off the denial and embrace reality

and

2) Honor Michelle Malkin for her candid, courageous and unapologetic conservative commentary as EUG’s Cool Conservative #5!


[Photo credit: Don Irvine]

No comments:

Post a Comment